Social media success for APM Terminals
LinkedIn: 21% increase in followers, 106% in engagement
In a nutshell.
- Implemented a robust social media strategy
- Provided an insider’s perspective
- Crafted creative and playful B2B content
- Increased engagement and brand awareness
- Grew the brand's online community
APM Terminals is a major player in the global supply chain. At the heart of itsmarketing strategy – social media marketing. As well as B2B communications, the
social channels are used to engage and empower APM Terminals' global audience –
from employees and customers to potential new leads. From us, they needed both a
robust social media strategy and help with the day-to-day creation and
management of content.
There's a common misconception that B2B social media content won't workas well as B2C focused content. In fact, this can't be further from the truth.
Let's face it, when you break it down business to business content is still
people to people content. That means you can create creative, playful and
meaningful messaging for a business audience. All it takes is a bit of know
See how we actioned this for APM Terminals 👇
- A content strategy defining the tone of voice, focus and audience for each channel
- A regular content stream for LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Detailed content calendar
- Graphic design and video content
- Original content ideas
- Ongoing web care
What it takes.
- Understanding of the client’s core values and goals
- Deep knowledge of the marketing funnel
- Engaging copy tailored per platform and target group
- Understanding of the maritime logistics sector to generate copy with insiders’ perspective
- Ongoing monitoring of analytics to optimise copy
- Coordination across client management levels and conflict resolution
- Project management skills
- Increased engagement rate on LinkedIn by over 44% and followers by 200+%
- Grew Instagram followers by over 300%
- Dynamic visual identity including gifs, carousels, quote cards, opinion tiles, video and infographics
- Consistent tailored content streams for social channels
How it looks.
B2B marketing is just people-to-people marketing with added industry savvy. We expanded our understanding of effective communication with an understanding of the ins and outs of the logistics industry. Lunchtime chat at the EF headquarters regularly turned to rubber-tyred gantry cranes, TEU capacity and electrified forklift fleets. Plus, how to create playful, engaging, eye-catching content on these and other industry-related topics. After several years of working with APM Terminals, we like to think we’ve got a good grip on the world of containers, shipping, ports and the people who run them.