The English-speaking voice of the City of Amsterdam
“Even with urgent or sensitive subject matter, the results were consistently top quality and delivered in a timely and professional manner.” – International press officer, City of Amsterdam
In a nutshell.
- 100,000+ words of new content
- Multilingual translations
- Speeches, press releases, policy documents
- Sensitive, confidential, urgent communications
Communicating official matters about policy, civic services and changes to regulations are paramount to helping non-Dutch residents feel at home in Amsterdam. The subject matter can be very sensitive and the nuances so important!
From translating the mayor’s speeches and the Amsterdam.nl site to English; delivering urgent multilingual messages for refugees arriving from the Middle East in 2015 and Ukraine in 2022; or working in the on-site press room for inauguration of King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima, the City of Amsterdam can count on EdenFrost to deliver quality work.
- Quality content for the City’s new English-language website
- Regular translations to keep the site up to date
- Translated speeches, staying faithful to the message but capturing a natural tone
- Multilingual crisis messaging for refugees arriving in the city, conveying official matters with a human touch
- On the spot, near-instant translations of press releases on the day of King Willem- Alexander’s inauguration. (We even donned our fanciest hats in honour of the occasion)
What it takes.
- Multilingual translation skills:
Dutch to English | Dutch to Russian and Ukrainian | Dutch to Arabic | Tigrinya and Farsi
- Rapid, reliable, accurate work with extreme attention to detail
- Coordination, careful planning and a good dose of flexibility
- Advice, consultancy, fact-checking and document management
- A digital home for non-Dutch speakers, containing all the official information from the City of Amsterdam
- Regular updates to news and policies
- Press releases, speeches and publications in English – error-free, idiomatic and reflecting the international nature of Amsterdam
How it looks.
“Geef mij maar Amsterdam” as the old Dutch song goes – "Just give me Amsterdam". The city is EdenFrost’s spiritual home. The place most of us drifted to and ended up staying. As newcomers, we’ve been through the trials, tribulations and delights of discovering a new culture and wrestling with bureaucratic procedures in a foreign language. Which means we’re well-placed to be the English-speaking voice of the City of Amsterdam. And why the municipal government has trusted us for more than a decade with their official communications.